As you probably know, server virtualization helps you reduce costs on servers, power, cooling, and management and opens up some new options for backup, HA, DR, and adds a new level of flexibility.
Since Microsoft now supports Exchange, SQL, and SharePoint virtualized environments – whether it be on Hyper-V or VMware through their Server Virtualization Validation Program (SVVP) – it makes sense for every company out there to at least consider it. EMC is putting on a seminar series that aims to help customers understand the benefits and challenges of this new world.
At this free seminar you will learn:
- Why it’s OK to virtualize Microsoft applications.
- Why some applications actually run better in virtualized environments.
- How these applications perform and scale in a virtual world.
- How we’ve proven each solution we’re talking about, and documented detailed cookbooks and Reference Architectures for customers.
- How to approach backup in the virtual world.
- How to approach DR for Exchange/SQL/MOSS in the virtual world.
We’ve scheduled a few cities so far, but we’re always interested in talking to more customers and prospects, so shoot us an email and we’ll let you know what we can do to address your questions related to virtualizing Microsoft apps. I’ve been building some new powerpoints and demos for this roadshow and I can’t wait to finally show this stuff to some people.
Email us for more information:
MSSeminar@emc.com (there are two real friendly people – Cathy and Maureen – behind this list) 🙂