If you followand/or you may have heard about the event in last Tuesday.
The event itself was a customer-facing meeting (CIO’s and similar level) of local customers in NYC where EMC’s Joe Tucci and Microsoft’s Steve Ballmer could discuss the EMC/Microsoft extended Go To Market Alliance, discuss areas where we are working closely, and clear the air about areas the two companies overlap.
The three joint areas of cooperation include:
- Content management (Documentum’s interop/integration with the Microsoft platform and SharePoint)
- Virtualization (primarily EMC’s support of Microsoft’s virtualization portfolio including Hyper-V)
- Security ( and integration)
The executive sponsors Howard Elias on our side and Bob Muglia (Present of Microsoft’s Server and Tools Division) also were at the event and spoke to the press and customers.
- EMC Press Release
- Event information
- Video: Joe Tucci Steve Ballmer
- Video: Howard Elias Bob Muglia
- Pictures of the event
- CNET: Microsoft and EMC renew their vows
- ComputerWorld Canada: EMC, Microsoft take cue from Obama’s chief of staff
- EMC, Microsoft Renew Data Storage Development Alliance
- EMC and Microsoft ignore elephant (theregister.co.uk)
- Microsoft, EMC partner on data-loss prevention (infoworld.com)
- EMC and Microsoft Extend Strategic Alliance (byteandswitch.com)